“How was 2011 for you?”
I’ve been asked that by a number of people, and I guess you can say that the pessimist b!tch in me just felt the need to reply with something surly and nonchalantly bleh—stuff like,
“I hated it.”
“Can we fast forward to 2012? Like…. NOW??”
So, I did some introspection via iPhoto (I’m a visual learner) and I found myself looking back on the year that was. Cushioned by a pillow under the chin (or double chin) and overcome with the usual bittersweet feeling we all probably experience as every year draws to a close, I looked back. As expected, there were the regrettable moments that I just wanted to zap out or push far far far back into my brain’s compartment labeled “Forget or Die.” Then there were the “What if” moments where certain choices (if made differently) would have steered me elsewhere. And of course, there were the kick-ass and unforgettably amazing moments that just left zee jaw in that dropped state of WO….W.
2011 gave me 12 months to learn. It gave me a full year to experience life in both its beauty and downright nastiness. It taught me to forgive and forget, to embrace victories and even defeats, and to accept the fact that while life will not always be peachy, it can still be wonderful.
Happy New Year, everybody! Here’s to hoping 2012 treats us well.
Here were some of my 2011 Highlights
- A Banner/BIG year for The Black Fleet! (Bieber, Ed Westwick, West Life, Kenny Loggins, The Smiths, The Younghusbands, etc!)
- Joining the Family Business
- Celebrating with the Kythe Children
- Opening the LAP (Little Angels Playroom, Arlington Memorial Chapels)
- The Clean and Clear Experience
- Peter Pan (My 1st with Repertory Philippines)
- Stella Adler
- My fiercely solid family
- Learning the value of real friendships
- Of course, Year 3 with James (Yiiii. Haha. Pardon the mushiness)
And the list goes on!!